HAUSAbout the Club
A piece of Heidelberg in the States since 2008
The alumni club Heidelberg Alumni U.S. (HAUS) was founded in 2008 as an initiative of alumni in the United States. The office of the Heidelberg University Association in New York serves as a link between HAUS and Heidelberg Alumni International (HAI) at Heidelberg University. It coordinates the alumni activities in the U.S. and offers logistical and administrative support for HAUS as well.
A leadership committee, consisting of six HAUS members and the Heidelberg University Association's Executive Director, manages HAUS. The activities and strategies of HAUS are planned in quarterly conference calls.
All HAUS members are invited to the HAUS National Meeting, which is equal parts networking event, annual business meeting, and celebration. The HAUS National Meeting is held in a different city each fall, alternating between the East Coast, Heartland, and West Coast. The first one took place in New York City and alumni of Ruperto Carola have met in New Orleans, San Diego, Tiffin, Ohio, and Snowbird, Utah, just to name a few.
The national alumni club is subdivided in Regional Chapters in order to give members the possibility to meet and greet in their respective regions. A few regional chapters cover whole states, others are concentrated on single cities.
HAUS enjoys the 501(c)3 tax-free status of a non-profit organization through HUA.
The following alumni became members of Heidelberg Alumni USA in 2008 and are our founding members. We are indebted to these alumni for their commitment and great ideas in making the establishment of Heidelberg Alumni U.S. such a success. We thank all founding members for their commitment and support!
- Richard Anderson, Brooklyn, NY
- Agustin Aoki, Cambridge, MA
- Hanna Augustynowicz, East Fallowfield, PA
- Martina Barnes, Jersey City, NJ
- Anna Baumgaertel, Bala Cynwyd, PA
- Yvonne Bendinger-Rothschild, New York, NY
- Zoe Cournia, New Haven, CT
- David F. Crouse, Manfield Center, CT
- Hans Decker, New York, NY
- Mohamed Esa, Westminster, MD
- Albert Fink, Denver, CO
- Joseph Flannery, San Francisco, CA
- Therese Iknoian, Grass Valley, CA
- Barbara James, Rochester, NY
- Heather Jarvis, New York, NY
- Daniela Jopp, Bronx, NY
- Anneliese Kaiser-Scheef, Huntington, NY
- Madhu Kalia, Devon, PA
- Jaklin Kornfilt, Syracuse, NY
- Kathleen Lance, Denver, CO
- Frederick Lubich, Norkolk, VA
- James Nagle, Dayton, OH
- Renate Madsen, Madison, WI
- Ramchandra Maharajh, Eustis, FL
- Matthias Neureither, New York, NY
- Hilda Pasolli, New York, NY
- Michael Peachin, Princeton Junction, NJ
- Adi Puplampu, New York, NY
- Sakineh Redjali, Vienna, VA
- Anja Serby-Wilkens, Hattiesburg, MS
- Christoph Stokowski, Chicago, IL
- Nancy Stuhlmuller Hitscherich, Flower Mound, TX
- Franz Stuppard, Columbia, MD
- Istvan Varkonyi, Philadelphia, PA
- Renate von Duebendorf-Solenberger, Rockville, MD
- Thomas von Duebendorf-Solenberger, Rockville, MD
- Elvin Wagenblast, Cold Spring Harbor, NY
- Jeff Wang, Rego Park, NY
- Susann Weissmueller, Cold Spring Harbor, NY
- Camille Williams, Little Rock, AR
- Beate Witzler, Princeton Junction, NJ