Our flagship scholarship program
HAUS Scholarship recipients receive funding for a semester of study at the bachelor's or master's level. This program is supported entirely by donations from the HAUS community and demonstrates their continued commitment to Heidelberg University and to providing opportunity for U.S. students.
Application deadline for Winter Semester 2022-23 is June 15, 2022.
DEADLINE EXTENDED to June 20, 2022!
ABOUT THE HAUS SCHOLARSHIP
The scholarship award is $5,000 for master’s program students or $3,000 for bachelor’s program students for one semester with the possibility to extend for a second semester, pending availability of funds.
We are seeking candidates with a strong academic background who can also fulfill the role of ambassador for HAUS upon their return from their study abroad experience.
HAUS Scholarship Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Undergraduate or master’s program student with strong academic credentials enrolled at - or graduated from - an institution of higher education in the U.S.
- United States residency
- Acceptance as student at Heidelberg University (proof can be submitted at a later time
Note: Students currently enrolled at Heidelberg University or who are already receiving a scholarship from a different source are not eligible for the HAUS Scholarship.
I had the pleasure of interacting and forming friendships with talented students from all over the world. This international community is reflected not only the student body of Heidelberg University, but also within the scientific institutions in the city itself. This level of international collaboration has been invaluable towards my professional development. My medical education has already required a significant financial investment, and without support, I would not have been able to to study at Heidelberg University.
Mohammad Saad Farooq, Master's of Translational Medical Research (2019)
The HAUS Scholarship has provided me with a unique opportunity to apply my research skills, zeal, and cultural knowledge of the South Asian region in a distinct and socially relevant way, equipping me to participate fully in positive change for the future. I want to sincerely thank the Heidelberg Alumni U.S. for investing in me; as a result, of your dedication and guidance I was able to bring my goals to fruition.
Fahiya Rashid, Master's of South Asian Studies (2018)
EXPECTATIONS FOR HAUS SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
- Successfully complete your academic program at Heidelberg University.
- Register with Heidelberg Alumni International (HAI) upon arrival and cooperate with HAI while in Heidelberg.
- Provide updates every three months on your time at Heidelberg University, including good-quality photos of yourself on campus or in town.
- Participate in Heidelberg HAUS chapter events.
- Serve as an ambassador for HAUS and Heidelberg University after completing studies in Heidelberg.